December 17, 2015 ~ Thursday
December 16, 2015 ~ Wednesday
December 15, 2015 ~ Tuesday
December 14, 2015 ~ Homework & News Note
Hello Fourth Grade Families,
Thank you for riding the same ride last week with school being cancelled a couple days. I took the opportunity Wednesday and went to the falls and took several pictures. This changed my schedule a little in the classroom, but we will get as much completed this week that we can before Winter Break.
12/16 In House Toymaker Field Trip 1:00 – 2:30 in MPR
12/17 Mystery book report due (Snowmen)
12/19 – 1/3 Winter Break ~ Have a GREAT time. J
1/4/2016 School Resumes
In Class This Week:
- Math – We will be taking the Unit 8 Test Multiply 2-digit by 2-digit and 3-digit by 2-digit numbers on Monday. We will begin work on Unit 9 this week.
- Writing – We will continue working on our Opinion Essay about what your favorite season is and why.
- Reading – We will be reading two articles from two past issues of Storyworks. “Should You Throw Away Your Earbuds?” and “Could This Doll Hurt You?”
- Social Studies / Science – We will continue our study of NW Coast Native Americans. We have divided into our clans. The plan is to finish putting the “freize” together and begin writing about our Native Characters.
This annual favorite in-house science field trip is coming
Wednesday, December 14th! Multipurpose Room.
Huge thanks to the PTSA for covering half the costs of this activity for all of our fourth grade students!
We need 4-5 parents to volunteer to help with this event. Please let me email@example.com or Morgan Merritt firstname.lastname@example.org know if you are available.
At home, please check the binder reminder (located in the front of the binder) to support your child’s homework habits. It is also posted on our classroom blog daily.
- Math – Practice math facts for at least 5 minutes a night. On-line practice on Math Magician or Dreambox is recommended.
- Reading – Students are expected to read 20 minutes a night, with a goal of 100 minutes each week.
- Spelling – Complete one page each night in the spelling packet. Packets due on Friday morning. Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Writing – Students will have some writing on their Opinion Papers this week. The goal is to complete the papers by Friday. (I am attaching the guidelines that I emailed on Wednesday.)
Everyone should be close to finishing their mystery book report snowmen. When the snowmen are done they can turn them in. The final reports are due on December 17th. A few have been turned in and they look wonderful!
Don’t forget to turn in the outline along with the snowman.
Dress your student for the weather!
We go outside to recess even if it is cold so please make sure that your child comes to school with jackets, hats and appropriate winter footwear and gloves.
I handed out Scholastic Book Order forms on Friday to the students. I requested that the orders are turned in by Friday, the 18th. I can then place the order and the books will be here after Winter Break. You can either return the order to school with a check to Scholastic Reading Club or you can order online at: https://orders.scholastic.com/PMF66. I have attached a link on the class blog page.
I am also attaching a sign-up sheet to organize volunteer help for after the Winter Break. If you can sign-up for some times and return to school by December 18, 2015 that would be greatly appreciated.
4th Grade Blog . . . http://cves4.weebly.com/mrs-heinz-betts
Please check the blog page daily for daily homework reminders and any other information that I may post for you. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at email@example.com I’d love to hear from you and look forward to working with you.
Have a FANTASTIC week,