Hello Fourth Grade Families,
It was great to meet you at the parent meeting and once again at conferences! I am looking forward to working in the classroom. With these three weeks between Thanksgiving and Winter Break traditionally being a little hectic, I will do everything to keep the students in as regular of a routine as possible. I will continue to send the weekly newsletter home weekly. I will be sure to highlight any new updates for you. I will also put a copy on the the class blog page for your access.
Survey request from Mr. Wilson:
We believe that the school and parent partnership is essential to your child's education. The survey results will be posted and used to guide conversations and plans with our staff to best meet you and your student’s needs. Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, comments and recommendations.
SURVEY LINK: The survey should only take five minutes: http://goo.gl/forms/XtZqZA1si8
12/7 – 11 DanceMan
12/16 In House Toymaker Field Trip 1:00 - 2:30
12/17 Mystery book report due
1/4/2016 School resumes
In Class This Week:
- Math - We are starting Topic 7 (Multiplying by two-digit numbers) which is a short section and we should take our test on Friday.
- Writing – We will begin writing an Opinion Essay about what your favorite season is and why.
- Social Studies / Science – We are beginning our study of NW Coast Native Americans and will be creating a NW Coast Ecosystem “Frieze”.
- Reading – We will be reading in Storyworks about Roller Coasters!
At home, please check the binder reminder (located in the front of the binder) to support your child’s homework habits. It is also posted on our classroom blog daily. (http://cves4.weebly.com/ms-bernardo )
- Math – Practice math facts for at least 5 minutes a night. On-line practice on Math Magician or Dreambox is recommended.
- Reading – Students are expected to read 20 minutes a night, with a goal of 100 minutes each week.
- Spelling – Complete one page each night in the spelling packet. Packets due on Friday morning. Spelling test will be on Friday.
Mystery Book Report:
Everyone should be close to finishing their approved Mystery books that they are reading. The final reports are due on December 17th. I am attaching a copy of the book report form with this newsletter. Students should be bringing their book and packet back and forth to school everyday!
Snowman pieces for the final report are now available in class.
Dress your student for the weather!
We go outside to recess even if it is cold so please make sure that your child comes to school with jackets, hats and appropriate winter footwear and gloves.
This annual event is on Friday, December 11th.
K, 1 & 2 ~ 6:00pm to 7:00pm
3, 4 & 5 ~ 7:00pm to 8:00pm
Pizza and drinks will be for sale throughout the evening. As part of the giving season, we will be collecting donations of canned goods and new socks for the homeless, please consider contributing.
Volunteers are needed during the week to help with practice sessions as well as a few the night of the event – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If you can help make this a fabulous event.
This annual favorite in-house science field trip is coming
December 16th!! 1:00 - 2:30pm
Huge thanks to the PTSA for covering half the costs of this activity for all of our fourth grade students! Notification forms are going home with today’s notes with a request for $8 and volunteer opportunity for this engaging student-hands-on learning.
4th Grade Blog . . . http://cves4.weebly.com/mrs-heinz-betts
Please check the blog page daily for daily homework reminders and any other information that I may post for you. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at email@example.com I’d love to hear from you and look forward to working with you.
Have a FANTASTIC week,